ConvertKit is an email marketing platform that helps you in effective email marketing. This platform is specifically designed for bloggers, podcasters and other businesses that build audiences.
ConvertKit was invented by Nathan Barry. Unlike most email marketing services in the market that only reliably send out emails and can be integrated with tools such as Leadpages and Click Funnels, ConvertKit features are advanced.
This email marketing platform is very easy to use especially if you have used an email marketing service before.
How ConvertKit Works
ConvertKit requires you to sign up to start using the service. When you have signed up, you will get to the dashboard of the platform that is made in UX design, making it easy to use. ConvertKit provides you with three forms and four landing page templates at the beginning.
The templates can be customized by changing the headlines, colors of your main content as well as adding images. However, you cannot move the templates’ elements around. For users looking for a platform that is more customizable, it is recommended for you to incorporate inventions such as Thrive Leads or Leadpages.
ConvertKit email marketing platform allows you to send broadcast emails for product promotion or even announcing a webinar you are creating. To get started with your broadcast, you should first select the kind of subscribers you want to send the broadcast to.
ConvertKit works differently from other email marketing services such as Aweber. For most email marketing services, all your subscribers are gathered into one huge account list. On the other hand, for ConvertKit all your subscribers are gathered into different lists. The email marketing platform provides you with great flexibility by allowing you to categorize and divide your subscribers.
How to Use Tags to Personalize Emails
ConvertKit uses tags to help you identify and categorize your subscribers based on their interests. This feature gives you the ability to segment subscribers within emails making it easy for you to neatly send different emails to different groups of subscribers within your list. The only challenge with this is that it uses syntax which is like programming thus it could look complex for people without the skill.
Take an example whereby you want to give a discount of 20% to customers that are regular users of one of your product, but only give a discount of 10% to new or other customers. When sending the email, your regular customers will see the email that offers them 20% discount while the other customers will get an email that offers them a 10% discount.
Auto Resend Broadcasts Feature for Unopened Emails
When you send broadcast emails, it is common for some of your subscribers not to open the emails. This could be because maybe your email heading was not interesting or persuasive enough for the subscribers or maybe they were busy and did not get time to read your email.
ConvertKit has a feature that allows you to re-target subscribers who did not open your email for the first time.
For you to be able to do this, you need to click on any former broadcast emails. You will get to the statistic page where you will see a button “Resend to Unopened”. Click on the button to go over the broadcast email workflow targeting the unopened subscribers.
This is a very useful and unique feature that is hard to find in other email marketing services in the market.
ConvertKit Email Automation
Email automation is one of the features that make ConvertKit unique. Automation allows you to divide your list of subscribers into groups of subscribers with the same interest. This lets you send more targeted broadcast emails and/or programs that gratify a smaller subgroup of your subscribers.
Easily integrate with one of the best platforms in the world.
- Easy Digital Downloads
- OptimizePress (direct integration in development)
- Bounce Exchange
- Genesis eNews Extended
- Landing Lion
Membership + Courses Sites
- Zippy Courses
- Wishlist Member
- Member Mouse
- Paid Memberships Pro
- Lifter LMS
- New Kajabi
- Restricted Content Pro
- Digital Access Pass (DAP)
You can also use ConvertKit’s Zapier support to integrate the shopping cart of your choice. When the shopping cart has been integrated, you get an additional trigger referred to as “Purchases a product”. With the trigger, you can easily tag users based on the product name to make it easier for you to know which subscribers have already bought your products.
Pros of ConvertKit
- ConvertKit is specifically designed for bloggers, podcasters and other businesses that build audiences.
- The platform provides you with three forms and four landing page templates at the beginning.
- Users can customize the template by changing the headlines, colors of your main content as well as adding images.
- ConvertKit allows you to group all your subscribers into different lists providing you with great flexibility by allowing you to categorize and divide your subscribers.
- Sending an email to a small list of subscribers who are interested in that kind of information helps eliminate the risk of sending the email to people who are not interested thus avoiding spam complaints, unsubscribing or any other common indifference to your emails.
- Users can group their subscribers as buyers and non-buyers since ConvertKit has incorporated some common shopping carts such as Gumroad, Shopify, and SamCart.
- When you send broadcast emails, it is common for some of your subscribers not to open the emails. ConvertKit has a feature that allows you to re-target subscribers who did not open your email for the first time.
Cons of ConvertKit
- It is certainly more expensive than other email service providers.
- No drag and drop functionality makes it a little hectic for a complete newbie to adapt to the system.
ConvertKit is a great email marketing tool that can help you send an effective email to your subscribers and convert the subscribers into potential buyers. This email marketing platform has great features that help improve your experience and make your email creation process easy and effective.
You can consider ConvertKit as more of a professional email service provider which would certainly help you achieve your email marketing goals and generate more leads for your business.
You can try them with the ConvertKit FREE trial offers and see how it works.